To celebrate 20 years since it first opened its doors, Hard Rock Cafe® Manchester has created “Manc You For The Music,” a 20-track virtual album that highlights the city’s musical past, present and future. The playlist was compiled by a panel of music professionals including writers, promoters, musicians and producers, with suggestions from the public, and made available to stream through Spotify on 25 September 2020.
Confirmed panellists included:
▪ Nihal Arthanayake – presenter, BBC Radio 5 Live
▪ Jane Beese – Head of Music at Manchester International Festival
▪ Rivca Burns – Festival Manager and Director of Sounds From the Other City Festival
▪ Julie Cullen – Managing Editor, BBC Radio 5 Live
▪ Andy Hargreaves – drummer, I Am Kloot
▪ Rob Kerford – owner and managing director, Sonic PR
▪ Damian Morgan – Head of Careers and Industry Liaison at BIMM Manchester
▪ Pete Paphides – music journalist and broadcaster, author of Broken Greek
▪ DJ Paulette – Hacienda (Mcr), Glitterbox, Reform Radio, Worldwide FM
▪ Rowetta – Mancunian singer/songwriter (Happy Mondays, Todd Terry, Swedish House Mafia)
“Hard Rock has been at the heart of Manchester for 20 years, and we are thrilled to celebrate not just our birthday, but the amazing music that this fantastic city has produced,” said Aneta Jarzmik, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Manchester.